Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
Wheelgate Bed & Breakfast
Welcome to Wheelgate, a charming Lakeland house with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Situated in a peaceful location just a stone's throw from Coniston Water, the house is surrounded by the beautiful lake and mountain scenery of the Coniston Fells under the 'Old Man'.
Our attractively designed bedrooms, oak-beamed lounge, cosy bar and superb breakfasts make Wheelgate the perfect Lakeland retreat.
CLOSE TO CONISTON
FREE HIGH SPEED WIFI
Why choose Wheelgate
- 4 Star quality B and B with AA Gold Award
- Choice of single, twin, double & king size bedrooms
- Single rooms at single prices
- Pets allowed in the Hideaway and the Little Byre cottages adjacent to the main house
- Free high speed WiFi internet access in all rooms
- Lovely views
- Breakfast delivered to your room during the Covid-19 outbreak – pre order previous evening
- Close to Coniston Water and Coniston fells
- Close to the amenities of Coniston Village
- Great selection of places to eat and drink nearby
- Peaceful location
- Walks from the doorstep
- Visitor attractions nearby
- All rooms TV, Coffee & Tea facilities, biscuits, water, Internet
We returned to the Little Byre for another really enjoyable few days. Sandy and Stuart were as helpful and friendly as ever and we would have no hesitation in coming back again
This delightful cottage, behind the Wheelgate B & B has views from the upstairs lounge/ kitchen. The cottage is warm, clean and well equipped for a self catering break. With walks from the front door in this very pretty area just outside Coniston.
- Brenda S
My husband and I stayed here for the third year running for a week and it did not disappoint. We keep returning to this charming and comfortable 18th century group of cottages at the foot of the Old Man Coniston.
Stayed here over a bank holiday weekend. Lovely little B&B with great hosts (Stewart & Sandy) who were so friendly and gave great tips on walking routes.
- Fiona W
Wheelgate is a warm, friendly, and delightful B&B. The hosts, Sandy and Stuart are lovely people. It is set in the shadow of Dow Cragg and The Old Man of Coniston and the location could not be better.
Great little find. Amazing lovely owners. Rooms comfy. Clean. Fresh linen. Breakfast very hearty. Great for dogs. Location ideal. Better than staying in heart of lakes. Much quieter and great views. Easy reach all over the Lake District.
Stuart & Sandy were the perfect hosts for our Break. Friendly, Knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble. Our room for the week was the Buttermere suit, it was spacious and had terrific views over the valley below.
We spent the weekend at this wonderful B&B. We had a beautiful little cottage which had everything and more for our weekend stay. Views and walking trails were steps away and the owners could not do enough for us to make our first time in the Lake district an unforgettable experience.